You guys should like people's posts more :(

If you hover over the bottom left corner of posts there is a thumbs up like button. I Like You. I bet you like a lot of people too! Just sayin'. What's not to like about some dude that tells you a joke like:

Why did our uncle come over?

To molest us. :(

or the one about the penguin on vacation....

---A vacationing penguin is driving his through Arizona when he notices that the oil pressure light is on. He gets out to look and sees oil dripping out of the motor. He drives to the nearest town and stops at the first gas station.

After dropping the car off, the penguin goes for a walk around town. He sees an ice-cream shop and, being a penguin in Arizona, decides that something cold would really hit the spot. He gets a big dish of ice cream and sits down to eat. Having no hands he makes a real mess trying to eat with his flippers. After finishing his ice cream, he goes back to the gas station and asks the mechanic if he's found the problem. The mechanic looks up and says "It looks like you blew a seal."

"No no," the penguin replies, "it's just ice cream."----

Comments

• edited May 2014
    If this Is a cunning ploy on your behalf to gain more likes, then it hasn't worked on me. I give my likes away to those who earn it. Posts that are helpful, posts that make me laugh, ect. You, sir, were not helpful, nor funny. So, I'm just going to take my likes & leave this thread.
    *backs away slowly with likes in hand*
  • This is not facebook. If things are going that way, they better remove the "Like button".
  • edited May 2014
    LOL...if you don't like people's posts they will not be able to love themselves.

Yes, likes are stupid. This thread is even stupider, which I don't think should be a word. More stupid sounds pretty stupid too I guess. STupider it is!

Generally though, I think likes on forums are good for the purpose of letting someone know that you read their post if you asked for help and they gave it. Nothing more than that really. It's easier than having to write a "Thank you" post when you see it pop up in your activity. :P

I don't even know if you can see how many likes your OWN post have either, whihc is even funnier.
  • Don't tell me what to do.