Steam removing OAuth Key Redemption ! bad things can happen now !

LIink
;(

check indiegala keys now and humblebundle

Humble bundle Resopnse

Steam : No Response yet

Comments

• What do you mean with "bad things can happen now!"? I personally think it is way better without OAuth because you can now send codes that you don't need to friends.
  • ultimadub said:

What do you mean with "bad things can happen now!"? I personally think it is way better without OAuth because you can now send codes that you don't need to friends.

with out OAuth my steam gets stucks

• That mean instead a HB link, if a want to gift some game from HB, now i send a serial key?
  • Great news to start the year off with! It always annoyed the heck out of me that HB and IndieGala were hiding our keys, in effect selling us a link to the key, as opposed to the key itself. Good riddance! And as @ultimadub has noted, now it will be much easier to gift leftover games to friends. Just send them the keys and they can activate them in Steam, just as if the game was bought at retail.
  • Yeah, I guess using gift links was proven too complicated for some people. Yet another in the series of stupid moves done by Valve recently.
  • for example random vac ban's ,
  • Valve has removed more api in the last year in a half, than has built in the last 4
  • Stouneris said:

for example random vac ban's ,

no such thing.
    if you play valve games, you cheated.

• I don't see how this is better at all. I could one click all games and redeem them. The games i did not activated are easy to tell which ones they are. Now its just keys and i have no idea which are used and which aren't. Now i have to keep track of that myself again.

And how it trading a key easier!? With the link you could active without having a steam client installed! You could trade away from home. With trade offers and links. Now you can't..afaik
  • edited August 2015
    dude i win a key space farmers you can give me on email i dont buy game on steam and i cant add you at friends :D
    email is [email protected]
  • welp, that was a rather confusing necrobump. thanks lapri!
  • LOL
    tyrose said:

welp, that was a rather confusing necrobump. thanks lapri!

This discussion has been closed.