Greenlight Spotlight - Vote (Y/N)

Please Vote (Y/N) today and help some of our developer friends. Comments are always appreciated too.

Previously Greenlit

See Greenlight Status: http://whosgamingnow.net/greenlight

Comments

• @Bortness Please review this post. http://whosgamingnow.net/discussion/2093/valve-to-greenlight-developers-stop-trading-keys-for-votes/p1

Valve took a stance on keys and Greenlight Campaign traffic mentioning if might affect developer GL campaigns and the Valve evaluation process of those games.

If you have a great way or suggestion to address this so that we don't hurt WGN or developers - we are all ears for your suggestions.

Currently developers are getting ad banner rotations, being in our WGN bundles like here https://groupees.com/wgnspoileralert (Which we helped both Undead Shadows and BitShifter to be Greenlit recently) and mentioned on the forum posts and sometimes Twitch streamed.

If WGN supports devs to get on Steam - I think they might be happy to run promotions with WGN in the future with possible giveaways when they actually have Steam keys to give. :)

Thanks for your comments and support of WGN and developers.
  • If you have a great way or suggestion to address this so that we don't hurt WGN or developers - we are all ears for your suggestions.

I think that a giveaway page including the download file or desura key for the game with the description "If this game gets greenlit you will get a steam key as well!" (Greenlit will be a hyperlink to the greenlight page)

I think that still more than 70% of the people who claim the download link for the game will vote for it on greenlight cause they prefer to have it on steam.

But i heard that Carlmundo doesnt like the greenlight promos in general so i doubt it will happen.
  • @shoppa I think the Greenlight process can be difficult for developers at times since there are a lot of titles in the system right now and more added every day too. On the other hand I just talked with developers that got Greenlit in 12 days on their own.
    We can look into your idea with Carlmundo. Valve mentions keys/game giveaways as being the issue in general Desura or not.

Our old GL program was a chance to win x number of Steam keys if the game was Greenlit and many developers got a lot of No votes too, so I thought it was a fair and ethical way to get games targeted traffic.

We are looking at several good ways to address this now and already have in some programs in place for devs and working on ones for community. I think it will just have to be an adjustment from the old way moving forward and it might not be as simple as before... OR it might be even easier, but I'm not sure yet...we'll figure it all out.

These challenges make us stop, think and be creative/innovative so let's see what happens next. Thanks for your feedback and your constant support here! Let's keep the discussion going....
  • @shoppa I think the Greenlight process can be difficult for developers at times since there are a lot of titles in the system right now and more added every day too. On the other hand I just talked with developers that got Greenlit in 12 days on their own.
    We can look into your idea with Carlmundo. Valve mentions keys/game giveaways as being the issue in general Desura or not.

Our old GL program was a chance to win x number of Steam keys if the game was Greenlit and many developers got a lot of No votes too, so I thought it was a fair and ethical way to get games targeted traffic.

We are looking at several good ways to address this now and already have in some programs in place for devs and working on ones for community. I think it will just have to be an adjustment from the old way moving forward and it might not be as simple as before... OR it might be even easier, but I'm not sure yet...we'll figure it all out.

These challenges make us stop, think and be creative/innovative so let's see what happens next. Thanks for your feedback and your constant support here! Let's keep the discussion going....

Ahh okay thanks for the great detailed reply.
  • Or you can choose like greenlight 5-20 titels or whatever, you get the community here to choose which game(s) they want to be given away and that/those greenlight title winner(s) will be given away. (Without mentioning the whole vote thing)

This way its kinda the greenlight system on wgn, people get to vote which game they want to see greenlit.

(Logged in on other acc cause im on my mobile)
  • Thanks for voting guys I voted on all of these amazing games! But yeah I'm one of the guys making BMCO (Bionic Steam Bundle) and Valve has been very clear that devs are NOT to give out keys for votes. It doesn't accurately reflect public perception. However, we do give out TESTING keys to people that watch our streams on Twitch, so people can come and play all the way until our game goes live during our public tests.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=375226006
  • i voted for all ;)
  • voted on a few of them. good luck to them all
  • Well, upvoted Bionic Steam Bundle, Tachyon Reef, Tyran, Mad Nords, The Adventures of Tree, Witches, Heroes and Magic and Commander Cool 2.

Wish good luck with games!
  • @Corbeau @GameOfThrow @lexder WGN appreciates you taking the time to vote for games. WGN community - Make it an honest vote and say no if you don't want it on Steam, but please vote yes if you would play it on Steam and really like it. Then tell one friend about WGN and see if want to join in and contribute too. I can tell you the devs appreciate the traffic very much and they will have a vested interest in being a part of our active WGN community into the future. Building games can be a lot of hard work, countless hours of building, testing and fixing bugs. All that and still no guarantee of success. - I would have to say that most devs are passionate people and they want to share what they create with you. Me personally, I feel that it's the least we can do to give them some honest feedback and a minute or two our of our day to acknowledge them as people that have the courage create games and risk brutal feedback good or bad :) "You stay classy WGN!" - Ron Burgundy
  • Voted on a few of them. Bionic Steam Bundle, Witches, Heroes and Magic, Tyran they look great and Commander Cool 2 i The Adventures of Tree funny
  • I just wanted to thank you all. We have moved up quite a bit since you guys have been helping. We might make our greenlit by PAX East goal. If we do we will have some very fun exclusives for this community alone as a thank you. You guys where the first to put faith in us and we feel like you are a part of our game. We are thinking of doing some inside looks into our game for this community before anyone else gets to take a look.

We also will continue to give away our early alpha QA test prizes each stream. We think this kind of community would give us the best feedback and input to our game.

Again thank you all and the admins on this site for supporting us the way that you have.
  • It looks like we might hit 100% by tonight. We could not have done it without you. Thank you all.
  • Glad that there are no free keys a si think it spoils the spirit of the greenlight voting. Who isn't going to vote for a game if free keys are being offered. I'm sure there are a few, but in the end, better games are missing out, which means we are too. So, say no to free keys.

i'm only human tohugh. i'll still vote if it means a free key, can't help myself as i'm a collecting maniac. lol.
  • It looks like we might hit 100% by tonight. We could not have done it without you. Thank you all.

Congrats, guys! I'll totally stop by and say hi at PAX!

I also want to thank everyone. We really appreciate the votes and the feature!
  • Blackfaun looks pretty good and i like ARPGs, so voted :P .
  • Bortness said:

No more giving away free keys? Pfft Quid Pro Quo, Bro

if you are just here for free stuff then you are here for the wrong reasons
  • Congratulations, The Bionic Steam Bundle has been Greenlit!
    Hi everyone our game has been greenlit. It happened faster than we thought but we are there. We will keep you all posted on when we are doing our Alpha.

Thank you all.
  • Voted yes to all.

Keep up the good work!
  • Gave them all a vote.
This discussion has been closed.