Humble Monthly Bundle

Get a bundle every month for 12 usd a month. IF you do it now you also get Legend of Grimrock 2 immediately
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Subscribe
Receive a bundle every month. Simply sign up, and let the games roll in.
Play
Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles.
Give
Help worthwhile causes — 5% of each month's proceeds support charity.

Not to sure if i like this idea. Also only 5% goes to charity

Comments

• LOL i just wanted to get it. Seeing as Legend of Grimrock 2 looks alright and i cancel it after the first month.... but you can ONLY get it with a credit card...
  • wanted to buy it but i dont have a credit card ;l
  • $12 / month ..? They are looking for idiots, that's what is going on here!
  • shoppa said:

wanted to buy it but i dont have a credit card ;l

yeah... that is so annoying! I am 99% sure the first 1 will be amazing to lure everyone in :D

• Seems to be coming a lot of free DRM games, with rarely steam keys
    Which most likely will be loads of crappy indie games with some rare gems every once in a while
    No thanks
  • Well what do we do? Are any of you guys getting in on this?

And does it say anywhere whether we can cancel if the games are sh*t?
  • edited October 2015
    Kouman said:

$12 / month ..? They are looking for idiots, that's what is going on here!

My guess is they are looking at the long run of crappy weekly bundles that nobody wants, and figured that if they package the crappy games into a mystery bag they can sell them that way.

I refuse to buy any mystery bag deals, as I have enough games in my collection that i would likely get keys for games that I already have.

also the credit card payments are not even handled by humblebundle, but a 3rd party payment processor Stripe.
    "Your payment info will be saved for your convenience."
    thats another hole for a security breech with my cc info. no fkn way.

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/articles/210560328
  • Well i have subscribed to the bundle for and will keep you guyz updated in this thread, already grabbed Legend of Grimrock 2 key and my Settings page now shows subscription detail and link to cancel subscription.

• edited October 2015
    A little info from the epic bundle article: Which games are in the Humble Monthly Bundle? The bundle contains 6 games each month. (via IGN): 1 "hot title" - Less than one year old, 1 "highly-acclaimed" title - Between one to two years old, 1-2 "hit indie" games, and 1-2 "hidden gems" from developers.

I was kinda thinking a twelve dollar bundle would be bigger than that...apparently not.
    Edit: The IGN article says the initial bundle will be all steam games, but later the bundle may include drm-free games and other platforms.
  • Quite an interesting experiment indeed, I can't wait to see the range of bundled titles.
  • gciochina said:

Well what do we do? Are any of you guys getting in on this?

And does it say anywhere whether we can cancel if the games are sh*t?

I sure as hell wont because

1. I cannot afford it as a university student with no fixed income
    2.chances are that many of the games they will offer were bundled to death already

Im not saying that I hate the idea but Im very much sceptical as to whether or not its not just another money-grabbing scheme that only benefits HB and not the customers
  • this is basically like lootcrate, except a bit cheaper and in digital form
  • Tatsuya said:

2.chances are that many of the games they will offer were bundled to death already

Not sure about that. The website does say "Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles."
  • sadly credit card
  • Tatsuya said:

just another money-grabbing scheme that only benefits HB and not the customers

oh no, it's a scheme for helping people. It's for charity! Each and every time HB brings bad bundles (nonSteam UBI, rebundles etc) they rub "charity" in our faces.
  • K3W3L said:

Tatsuya said:

Not sure about that. The website does say "Discover games that haven't been featured in other bundles."
    Yes, but do they mean other bundles in general or other Humble bundles? It's a real difference.

• edited October 2015

K3W3L said:

Tatsuya said:

Yes, but do they mean other bundles in general or other Humble bundles? It's a real difference.

Good question. We can only wait and see, but Legend of Grimrock 2 is a good start.
  • If I wasn't poor I might try this out. But paying $12 a month for mystery games I may already own, or have no interest in doesn't appeal to me. As is, I've already stopped collecting games for cards unless I feel there is some chance I'll actually want to play them at some point. Too many crap games on my account already.