Payday 2 microtransactions phased out with Starbreeze acquiring the rights of Payday

Comments

• Was a huge fan of Payday but idk if I will be bothered to go back playing it.
  • shoppa said:

Was a huge fan of Payday but idk if I will be bothered to go back playing it.

same here, beside my pc not being able to run the game properly....it just doesnt feel like Payday anymore. I guess the best word I could use to describe is that they took out the fun and excitement of it and basically transformed the game into a DLC/advertising billboard-fest
  • The damage is already done...
  • stryver12 said:

The damage is already done...

pretty much this.

One thing for sure: if 505 games and/or Overkill were to make another game they will be already known as the scumbags who tried to ripoff people despite their promises and such
  • edited May 2016
    So now the safes will still drop (and guess you can still sell them) but you open them for free now, rigth?
  • Tatsuya said:

shoppa said:

same here, beside my pc not being able to run the game properly....it just doesnt feel like Payday anymore. I guess the best word I could use to describe is that they took out the fun and excitement of it and basically transformed the game into a DLC/advertising billboard-fest
    After I quit playing I was still in the Steam group for a long time, but when I saw a announcement with such a random weapon that doesn't fit in a heist at all I left the group as well.

Can't remember what weapon it was, I think it was ninja throwing stars or something.
  • edited May 2016
    shoppa said:

Tatsuya said:

shoppa said:

After I quit playing I was still in the Steam group for a long time, but when I saw a announcement with such a random weapon that doesn't fit in a heist at all I left the group as well.

Can't remember what weapon it was, I think it was ninja throwing stars or something.
    it has gotten even more ridiculous, with world war weaponry and such

wonky weapons and such IMHO belong in TF2, not in a heisting game and the devs actively added more and more nonsensical things to the game that has nothing to do with the Payday universe. Like the goat simulator themed heist, seriously?
  • edited May 2016
    JAZZ said:

So now the safes will still drop (and guess you can still sell them) but you open them for free now, rigth?

apparently yes(?), from a brief announcement I caught.

cant blame people who wont give them money though, I wouldnt either after all the (ᵔᴥᵔ) they pulled off.
  • So all those 41, 6$ dlc's will be free?
  • edited July 2016