Steam Sale "Event" - That's it?

edited June 2016 in General Chat
Sooo... In the winter we had this fun comic and the "ARG(?)" to accompany the sales. Last year we had a clicker game. We had daily sales, flash sales, etc. And now we have this... animation?

Is it just me or are "just the same sales and discounts for 2 weeks" somewhat boring? Same sales and no event, is this really it?

Comments

• summer 2016 and winter 2015 are the worst holiday sales ive seen. i hope they bring back the daily and flash sales
  • Every Steam Summer Sale is going worst and worst...
  • If I'm not mistaken, they slowly removed them since the refund system, due to abuse by many users refunding games as soon as they got lower prices on daily and flash sales...
    Valve should try another strategy to counter this instead of totally removing those sales... I don't know, maybe lock refunding during Steam Sales, or delay the refunding to only after sales ends, even if this looks worse...
  • If I'm not mistaken, they slowly removed them since the refund system, due to abuse by many users refunding games as soon as they got lower prices on daily and flash sales...
    Valve should try another strategy to counter this instead of totally removing those sales... I don't know, maybe lock refunding during Steam Sales, or delay the refunding to only after sales ends, even if this looks worse...

But see on the Abuse section of the Steam Refunds page
    We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.
    Clearly that's not the reason to remove them.
  • edited June 2016
    stryver12 said:

If I'm not mistaken, they slowly removed them since the refund system, due to abuse by many users refunding games as soon as they got lower prices on daily and flash sales...

We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.
    But saying something doesn't always mean they want to do it. Most businesses say if something goes on sale within 30 days they will adjust it for you but they always hope you don't know about it or don't check it went cheaper. Especially if it hurts a companies profits and costs more money since they have to hire more reps to review orders now.
  • stryver12 said:

If I'm not mistaken, they slowly removed them since the refund system, due to abuse by many users refunding games as soon as they got lower prices on daily and flash sales...

But saying something doesn't always mean they want to do it. Most businesses say if something goes on sale within 30 days they will adjust it for you but they always hope you don't know about it or don't check it went cheaper. Espically if it hurts a companies profits and costs more money since some rep has to go and review the order and see if its ok and assuming per check costs maybe 1 dollar from the employee to the building they work(Assuming since it costs my company about 4.00 per call I take at a plus womens catalog per 4min and 30sec call).
    Hmm... that actually reminds me about the ToS, where it's stated they can do anything regardless of reasons...
  • well... not all deals are bad, neptunia series have a huge discount
  • edited June 2016
    Are you guys seriously complaining because a sale has no games and (ᵔᴥᵔ)?
    Haven't you heard what Mr. Krabs, the wisest man i know, says about (ᵔᴥᵔ) like his?
    "No one goes to a restaurant for atmosphere. They go for food!"
    Besides, like on previous sales, they're giving free cards away each day just by going through a Discovery Queue. And they get to be sold at a neat price too.
    I'm quite satisfied meself with this sale, m8s.
  • @CalSapiens Maybe you're right, atleast they gave us a chance of making some money through trading cards.
  • Are you guys seriously complaining because a sale has no games and (ᵔᴥᵔ)?
    Haven't you heard what Mr. Krabs, the wisest man i know, says about (ᵔᴥᵔ) like his?
    "No one goes to a restaurant for atmosphere. They go for food!"
    Besides, like on previous sales, they're giving free cards away each day just by going through a Discovery Queue. And they get to be sold at a neat price too.
    I'm quite satisfied meself with this sale, m8s.

i dont care about getting free trading cards. i care about buying games on huge discount. steam holiday sales now are just like all the weekly sales they do every week but mostly for all games not only 200. so nothing special about it
  • edited June 2016
    xSPYROx said:

i dont care about getting free trading cards. i care about buying games on huge discount. steam holiday sales now are just like all the weekly sales they do every week but mostly for all games not only 200. so nothing special about it

It's actually special because of that single fact. Having a huge ammount of games on sale for about 12 days straight is entirelly different than the weekly deals. It means that the chances of getting the games from your wishlist are almost 100% unlike the randomness of the weekly deals.

Also, since the big steam sales are things that can be almost completelly predicted, people can save during the intervals between sales to buy most of the games that they want during the events.

Chances that some games get a bigger discount increase since publishers might want to seize the event as a oportunity to sell thei games better.

The Market has more activity too.

It's a beautiful dance of massive digital consumerism.
  • Who buys cards and why?
  • Who buys cards and why?

to complete sets, and get xp + emotes/backgrounds, also more showcases in profile. also the higher your level the more booster packs u get ( people over lvl 100 get it the very least 1 booster pack every week )