another dev jumps on the PR Meltdown train

This time, its the devs of Monster Truck Destruction who requested Nerdcube to modify his review about the game "or they will pursue legal actions against him because of defamation":

Remember folks: threatening someone with a lawsuit is the way to when you dont like criticism...or not

oh boy, indie devs never learn, do they?

PS:Thankfully seeing the quality of their game, nothing of value will be lost. And yes, Im being sarcastic on purpose because these "imma sue you" stories grew a bit old at this point.

h3535466737fTerrorista

Comments

• I thought it's DH again...
    Well looks like a dev learned from the worst dev ever and voila.

* More like DH had a baby and....
  • Whats wrong with todays world and everyone throwing lawsuits around for new reason. First you can sue a company when you spill hot coffee on yourself(Mcdonalds) or even when the coffee is free and you burn yourself you can sue them too(Starbucks when a cop spilled coffee on himself).
  • First you can sue a company when you spill hot coffee on yourself(Mcdonalds)
    Megamanx1991
  • Whats wrong with todays world and everyone throwing lawsuits around for new reason. First you can sue a company when you spill hot coffee on yourself(Mcdonalds) or even when the coffee is free and you burn yourself you can sue them too(Starbucks when a cop spilled coffee on himself).

I suppose ppl are starting to get the impression that a lawsuit is something you can throw around whenever things dont go your way.

Its ridiculous indeed.
    Megamanx1991Dark Black
  • ***TL: DR at the bottom of the page, (Sorry, I rambled something fierce on this one)***

I don't get America. Here in the UK, in 1999, I was given a medication that, it turned out later, I didn't need. 15 February 1999, I faint at work. I had a chest infection, I was doing strenuous work, got light-headed and hit the deck, simple, yeah? Not for the Locum Doctor I saw at my GP's Practice. She insisted it was my epilepsy that caused the issue, I said it wasn't as I knew what it felt like after I'd had a seizure and this wasn't it. She was having none of it and upped my meds by 1 tablet

5 weeks later, I'm in a hospital bed, unable to move and my organs are slowly shutting down one by one. The Drs saying to my parents that I would be dead by the Millennium. I went blind AND deaf for 3 weeks, (at the same time....Please, believe me when I say that there are NO words to describe what that was like). Try to imagine BOTH of those, you can't see people doing things, you can't hear people doing things. It's a vacuum of time, you don't even know when somebody is going to touch you, even for standard obs results. You're constantly on edge, you don't know how long you've been led there, there is nothing to do but just be. It turned out that I'm not actually epileptic and that extra tiny tablet helped the medication attack my central nervous system. To this day I can't stand up without help, I have no balance whatsoever. When trying to sue the Drs for this, no solicitor would touch it, most of them just said, "Well, it could have been a million to one reaction, it doesn't necessarily show that there was malpractice there", and that was the end of that.

So, I nearly died, was basically paralysed for just under 5 weeks, was blind and deaf for 3 weeks, my parents were told I was gone by the year 2000 and I have to live with the fact that when my children were born and were younger, I couldn't run around and play games with them. My son is 8 now and it's the closest thing I can think of that could be misconstrued as "God's work" but he saw me playing games on the PC one day, when he was 6 years old, and asked to have a try. I let him, he loved it, and after 6 years of pain because of his autism and, I'm big enough to admit it, multiple times crying myself to sleep because there was no bonding going on, we found a bonding tool.

***TL: DR, as promised***:

So, all that and all I could do about it was sit back, dream on revenge scenarios and do absolutely sweet F.A. about it whilst the days turned to weeks, to months, to years......Yet a dev can sue somebody because he's a bit upset by what somebody said about one of his games that is more like a dumpster diving trip to find a used heroin needle than an actual entertainment experience? What the F??, America? Get a damn grip, people!!
    stryver12Murtida
  • edited July 2016
    I have been baselessly threatened with lawsuits. My response is always:

"Bring it"

Because they'll have to present evidence or be slapped with frivelous lawsuit penalties and my counter claim "malicious prosecution".

I'm proud to be an American where at least I once was free, and I gladly thank the men who died to protected that right for me. Sing it.
    Eat More Kittens
  • edited July 2016

Waiting a process too image

• I'm proud to be an American where at least I once was free, and I gladly thank the men who died to protected that right for me. Sing it.

awesomely sad