Gleam links show as REMOVED LINK on Steam - Gleam has disabled giveaway groups' accounts

edited August 2016 in General Chat
In the past, they deleted some of they they thought are breaking Steam rules, now I saw all of them are removed, even links that are posted few months ago. So Steam officially banned gleam links from posting.
porolto

Comments

• fucking steam is becoming worse than ISIS
    Stouneris
  • Solution: All giveaways groups to post links on reddit:
    /r/FreeGamesOnSteam/
    /r/FreeGameFindings/

I think MisterGlitch bot is able to collect games from there and post them on WGN forum too.
  • xSPYROx said:

fucking steam is becoming worse than ISIS

way to hyperbole that (ᵔᴥᵔ)
  • xSPYROx said:

Bwaahahaha , i choked with my kellogs bro ... ty :D
  • actually its a good thing, i work is a mod in a giveaways group and i dont even wanna count how many fake gleam giveaways are posted without permission.
    we have to clean them daily but now less work for us i guess...
    Stouneris
  • edited September 2016
    Murtida said:

actually its a good thing, i work is a mod in a giveaways group and i dont even wanna count how many fake gleam giveaways are posted without permission.
    we have to clean them daily but now less work for us i guess...

Yea , im modding page with 13k users and there is same issue , some STEVES comes and spams random gleam ga's and not mention thoose CSGO REFFERAL codes .

have great day ^^
  • edited August 2016
    It gets even better. Someone has managed to unearth an email stating that Steam giveaway groups are no longer allowed to use gleam for giveaways.

(In case you don't believe the picture, here's the link from the email that explains the changes. https://gleam.io/docs/updates )

My response? This.
    The ridiculous amount of spammy actions can now go die in a fire.
    poroltoJAZZhackmanDark
  • K3W3L said:

It gets even better. Someone has managed to unearth an email stating that Steam giveaway groups are no longer allowed to use gleam for giveaways.

(In case you don't believe the picture, here's the link from the email that explains the changes. https://gleam.io/docs/updates )

My response? This.
    The ridiculous amount of spammy actions can now go die in a fire.

The duck is happening ..
  • edited August 2016
    xSPYROx said:

If you know why this is done then you will change your mind.

I actually asked Valve to ban them.

Developers are being promised advertisement, but their keys will drop allot in value cause being resold on reseller sites.
    Almost, if not all developers get contacted by these gleam.io giveaway guys, promising the best for their games.
    Users join everything they need to join, even scam groups/social media. Some groups that were in these gleam.io giveaways scammed their members with a csgo betting site.

The posts are removed, so I can't show proof, but Valve has access to removed posts so they got it all.

ElZigSGChackmanDark
  • edited August 2016
    Its gleam's fault then they shouldnt have allowed random people to make giveaways or sharing any kind of referral links
    shoppa said:

xSPYROx said:

If you know why this is done then you will change your mind.

Ok i think steam is still better than ISIS
  • And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
    The groups in which are spamming are the worst I've ever had
    I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
    When group's spam the same ads in circles it's a very very
    Ad World, Ad World
    ElZigSGChackmanitaybron
  • Yes, I just got that email as well. Hmm, I'm also a developer, so it's confusing, but never mind. I guess I got more than enough members on my group to start building service that does not involve giveaways in it, or not always as I can still make giveaways in other forms. Want to build a service that will help my games, and games of other developers. Guess I now need to think up of different ways.

I don't think they did it because some groups required 20+ tasks. They would just exclude "Join the group" action from gleam. This is about something Valve is unable to control, a simple "Visit the page" action that leads to game on Greenlight. And Gleam can't remove "visit the page" action, as it will affect other non-steam links.

What they did is probably right, I don't complain tho.
    ElZigSGC
  • edited August 2016
    Gira said:

Yes, I just got that email as well. Hmm, I'm also a developer, so it's confusing, but never mind. I guess I got more than enough members on my group to start building service that does not involve giveaways in it, or not always as I can still make giveaways in other forms. Want to build a service that will help my games, and games of other developers. Guess I now need to think up of different ways.

I don't think they did it because some groups required 20+ tasks. They would just exclude "Join the group" action from gleam. This is about something Valve is unable to control, a simple "Visit the page" action that leads to game on Greenlight. And Gleam can't remove "visit the page" action, as it will affect other non-steam links.

What they did is probably right, I don't complain tho.

Looks like your group only gave away a couple copies for each game, most of the time around 10.

But there are groups asking for thousands of copies, promising the developers allot of (ᵔᴥᵔ), but in the end they ruin the value of their game.

Gleam.io can ban steam links in the visit page task and link shorteners, that should fix it.

It also caused so much spam everywhere it was insane, every developer had to deal with these type of groups and every member sees a gleam.io links advertising malicious groups every day on steam(if he only browses a little in steamcommunity)

Also a big reason is, if 1 of those groups gets bad reputation because of scamming, they just made another one and got 30k members instantly with these "random" giveaways
    ElZigSGChackman
  • xSPYROx said:

xd

• As a result of these Steam issues we have updated our TOS. We will no longer allow users to:

Giveaway game keys purely for the purpose of farming followers for various groups or other social accounts.

Unfortunately this has gotten out of hand for a few reasons:

Some of these groups are actively blackmailing developers for keys
    Users are required to jump through too many hoops for a simple key
    Keys for the same games are getting recycled over and over
    Some of these groups are actively breaking Valve TOS by asking users to vote on Greenlight games
    Groups are giving away stolen keys that end up being deactivated
    These campaigns end up eating up to 25% of our resources but drive less than 0.01% of our revenue

We will now actively start disabling Rewards that are used purely for this purpose. We will only allow developers themselves to giveaway their own keys, or approved marketing partners.

Is this real life... Or is it just fantasy? :'(
    hackman
  • valve should delete hacks from csgo
  • xSPYROx said:

Fucking tards who do massive giveaways and revoking the game after or telling they give game "x" and you receive "y"...

That, was what made some to complain to Valve and decide them to do that.
  • edited August 2016
    Gleam should just deactivate the fonction to do massive giveaways. This looks like that it's the problem....

I use Gleam to do drawings sometimes when I have bundles leftovers. I didn't receive any mail cause I never did a massive giveaway.

I understand Steam to do that... even if that means I will have to find a new way to share my drawings on Steam. I will just have to post the link of the page where the form is hosted, not the shortened gleam one.
  • ElZigSGC said:

xSPYROx said:

Fucking tards who do massive giveaways and revoking the game after or telling they give game "x" and you receive "y"...

That, was what made some to complain to Valve and decide them to do that.
    Yup only a few ruined it for everyone else.

But this had to be done, it got so out of hand.
    ElZigSGC