What happened to Desura.com?

edited September 2016 in General Chat
Tried to check it if they added some Steam Keys for the games I own on Desura.com and the page loads blank. What is going on?
JAZZ

Comments

• edited September 2016
    You do remember that the owners of Desura filed for bankruptcy last year right?

Since then, there is absolutely no guarantee that the site would remain online. In fact, it previously went offline in March this year, and likewise without any semblance of an explanation.
  • edited September 2016
    Even the Desura game client is down...won't let you log in. In offline mode it will only show you games you have installed. Last year I DL'd all my games when I heard about the bankruptcy...some work, some do not. So, unless you grabbed what you could while the site was still up, whatever you had on Desera is GONE, Gone, gone...with no recourse or recompense.
  • Some days-weeks ago they showed a banner on the top saying "new updates coming soon" (or something like that), and it worked yesterday (but it was blank on the morning too). Maybe it is working bad because they are updating the page or something.
  • Sorry for double post but i want to bump the thread so you can see you can access now and it loads without problems (at least for me :P ).
  • edited September 2016
    Last night, Desura and IndieRoyale pages were down, but oddly enough I could access them from my Mac. Today, Desura website is back up as well as IndieRoyale page...Desura is slow to load up and can log in via Steam but seems to have lost my sign-in password and friends list. Still having login issues with client. Get your DRM games and Steam keys while you can!
  • Hmm...seems the sites go down shortly before 1am PST. Let see if the are back on in the morning...
  • Seems to all be up and running now.
  • JAZZ said:

Some days-weeks ago they showed a banner on the top saying "new updates coming soon" (or something like that), and it worked yesterday (but it was blank on the morning too). Maybe it is working bad because they are updating the page or something.

probably THIS was the update XD
    JAZZ
  • It has been a couple of days down for me. Hope it is just a temporal thing.
    Maybe, as Tatsuya said, it is the new update they were doing xD .
    Tatsuya said:

JAZZ said:

Some days-weeks ago they showed a banner on the top saying "new updates coming soon" (or something like that), and it worked yesterday (but it was blank on the morning too). Maybe it is working bad because they are updating the page or something.

probably THIS was the update XD
    xD
  • It's down for me too.
    JAZZ
  • It's up again for me.
    JAZZ
  • at this point Im doubtful desura will have some saving grace

its a wonder they didnt shut down the whole service already, theres absolutely no point to keep it running when they are essentially bankrupt to the neck and they still ower the payout for many devs.
  • Just wondering. But, what caused Desura to file for bankruptcy?

• katpolice said:

Just wondering. But, what caused Desura to file for bankruptcy?

Bad Juju Games, the parent company of Desura, filed for bankruptcy in spring of 2015 after issues with not paying developers on time (or at all) for their games sold through the website; and their CEO being in the hospital...you will be to see more about it if you search the net for 'Desura bankruptcy'.
    JAZZkatpolice
  • edited September 2016
    i've used it a few times recently in my browser and via the client ,downloaded a few games.
    Though some days it is down.
    JAZZ
  • update*

it seems that desura is now oneplay.com. I tried to login on oneplay.com but my user (email) was gone :( I contacted support and no answer yet. Waiting, it's weekend.
  • edited October 2016

update*

it seems that desura is now oneplay.com. I tried to login on oneplay.com but my user (email) was gone :( I contacted support and no answer yet. Waiting, it's weekend.

good info though
  • OnePlay acquired Desura, IndieRoyale/DailyRoyale sites, and according to the site they are trying to integrate the Desura client with theirs...here is a link to their FAQs page: http://www.oneplay.com/en/news/details/244_Desura_is_now_a_part_of_the_OnePlay_family_
    I guess you have to link your email and subscribe to the newsletter...
    On a good note, if we don't see any action from them soon, there have an address here in Las Vegas NV so maybe I could do an in-person visit...(ominous laughter)
  • I hope that something will be done, was fool enough not to download my big desura game collection in time!