Careful with these giveaways that ask for twitter access

My account was just locked. I received this message:

What happened?
Your account appears to have exhibited automated behavior that violates the Twitter Rules. To unlock your account, please complete the steps below and confirm that you are the valid account owner.
What you can do:
To unlock your account, you must do the following:
Verify your phone number

This 100% happened because of all these giveaways that ask to connect to my twitter account before they give me a key. Just shooting this out there as a warning to others.

Comments

• I made a new account last week because of this. and it was locked after the first gleam giveaway as well.
  • meh, my twitter account got locked more than 10 times and i wont stop joining these giveaways
    FeedbackzCenda
  • edited September 2016
    This happened to me as well. It ended once I added a cell phone number and reverified my account.
  • every account that has a phone number stored is more trustful for the companies, so fewer problems for us. Put your numbers in, it won't bite.
  • Kouman said:

every account that has a phone number stored is more trustful for the companies, so fewer problems for us. Put your numbers in, it won't bite.

Sounds so simple! Except not everyone has cellphones and landlines don't work for it.
  • happened to me too,every time i logged in,i was following a lot of random people,like 100+ people
  • i use my secound accout to enter giveaways xD
  • Psygineer said:

Kouman said:

every account that has a phone number stored is more trustful for the companies, so fewer problems for us. Put your numbers in, it won't bite.

Sounds so simple! Except not everyone has cellphones and landlines don't work for it.
    I agree and I'm in the same boat but I added a friend's cell phone. I'm sure you have some nice friends who can help you.
  • even if u add a cellphone number your account will be locked. u have to click on send verification code and u will receive a sms with the code, enter it to unlock your account. happened with me many times. so adding your phone num wont solve it
  • More like a nuisance than a problem if you use it only for giveaway purposes.
  • I got 5 Codes to unlock my account and no one worked for me. So I made an new account. Time for some more now -.-
  • Psygineer said:

I have 3 cellphone numbers in all the 3 carriers of my country, and 2 devices, 1 smartphone and 1 doublesim cheap phone.

I cannot understand how some people can't obtain even one number, you must be poor. (sorry, but I had to write it)

• I think I had that msg months ago.
    Gave them one of my phone# and done, never got such a msg again.
    And the phone# doesn't exist now anymore, since it was just one of those cheap prepaid things that one keeps some months and discards then.