Try this website to find or share coupons

Hi everyone!

I would like to tell you about this website I've been working on. When I started it the main goal I wanted to achieve was to have all Steam coupons in one place because currently there's over 9000 groups where you can exchange coupons. But it's not exacly easy to find something or get notified. I'm still working on some improvements to notification system but search is good in my opinion. You can try it yourself and let me know what you think.

So if you have coupons to share or looking for some feel free to check it out at gamecoupongrid.com

I'm listening to feedback for feel free to leave a comment here or in the group.

Dmytro from GameCouponGrid

Comments

• If I am not wrong, this is the old gameaways.com :-)
  • Yes, you are correct. But it didn't work out because it was not match for SteamGifts :)
  • @Dmytro-Ielkin thank u dude. i've got 6 coupons for free from your website so far. great job man. keep it up :wink:
  • edited October 2016
    Disclaimer:
    1. I don't know sheeet about making websites and what is considered easy to implement etc.
    2. Not sure if what I'm going to suggest is feedback or what you were looking for.

I do like the website and how simple it is to search for coupons but I would like to have the Steam Store link of the game in their respective coupons pages if possible. Essentially you have to check if the game is currently discounted or not anyway to see if you can use the coupon before it expires so a link to the Store page of the particular game would help with that, (if it is easy to implement).
  • Richjono said:

Disclaimer:
    1. I don't know sheeet about making websites and what is considered easy to implement etc.
    2. Not sure if what I'm going to suggest is feedback or what you were looking for.

I do like the website and how simple it is to search for coupons but I would like to have the Steam Store link of the game in their respective coupons pages if possible. Essentially you have to check if the game is currently discounted or not anyway to see if you can use the coupon before it expires so a link to the Store page of the particular game would help with that, (if it is easy to implement).

Well, I'm a developer and that doesn't sound like an impossible request, it's a fair point. Normally we think like in priorities, so what's considered "easy" sometimes isn't at the top of the list, ie: bugs are always higher when it comes to priorities. So, I'm sure @Dmytro-Ielkin will add it to the list of "todos" and work upon it,

To extend your idea, I'd suggest @Dmytro-Ielkin to either have a link to the Steam Store as @Richjono suggested or have some sort of "flag" on your own website instead of adding the cost of redirection. You may gain in usability. What I meant by "flag" is a tag showing that the game is on discount and how much % it is. That's a bit of more work than simply adding the link, but this way you'll make it more intuitive.

Other than that, great job @Dmytro-Ielkin ! Keep it up, that's the way!
  • There is a link. You can just click on the coupon image on the left. As for other suggestions I will have a better look soon.
  • It would be nice to have the option to receive an email, if there is an available coupon for a "followed game" !!! :wink:
  • This feature is on the list.
  • @Dmytro-Ielkin First cool site, but what is the point of the ratings if you still with the option "share my coupons"? Someone with a nick of black.milk have a 1/55 of rating because he have a private invetory and his coupons still on search, this is kind of boring, when you find a coupon you will use, suprise its black.milk.

This was the only thing that left me frustrated on the site, I do not know what is best for you to try to fix it because I'm not a programmer, but my suggestion is maybe you can add a blacklist system to dont show the coupons of a specific person, a kind of bot to check if the inventory is private, the system of rates show in the search or a report system for a human remove it from the search.
  • Apart from all the annoying advertisement, its a good website to find what we need. Only thing you need now is gather a group of people that levels up often, have loads of coupons and post em . You can also do some incentive for them since they are posting em there