The Landing of "Aliens" on WGN.

Really, what's wrong with these people? I am tired of getting emails about useless new topics of people complaining about:

1) People that got banned for no reason.

2) People that cannot get their game keys, even if they have joined the steam groups requested, with everyone of them opening a new discussion.

They spread like cancer! I miss the good, old WGN without these dumb people.

I know that moderators and Carl do their best, I was a moderator in my College's forum, so I can fully understand the situations you deal with.

But please, these "dark" days, do something better! WGN is under attack!

Thank you for existing! :-)

Comments

• For the benefit of your mental stability, you should unsubscribe from email updates from the Support category :)

http://whosgamingnow.net/profile/preferences
  • Sadly this stupidity seems to be the norm across all sorts of forums these days kouman.

Steam forums are the worst. I used to help people on the forums of a few of the games I play, but the amount of profoundly inane posts and reposting of simple questions wore thin and I gave up.
  • Its not that bad...
  • edited December 2016
    *mod hat off for a second*

can I just say that I agree? because I really do

I cant help but think that ever since our ould group got closed and we moved to the site, there may have been some "decline" in terms of the community or rather in user generated content. Then again the same has happened with the old Discord server we had: at first it was chuck full then in a few weeks literally only a few of us were sticking around apart the occasional spammers and beggars

Now granted, thankfully theres no such crisis around here currently but I would be lying if I would say that there arent threads and comments that sometimes just makes me wanna faceplant repeatedly.

In my opinion these problems come down to the following reasons

1. Many of those people are what I like to call "read only" folks. They dont want or cannot be bothered to look up basic information on google or use the search bar, so they automatically make a new thread.

2. Language barrier. There are many folks who dont necessarily speak/understand english (and i may add that I dont blame them for that), this may cause some problems

3. People who think that the staff members are dumb

If you wander around the VAC subforums on steam, you will know exactly what Im talking about. These are the classic example of people who will vehemently deny of doing anything wrong and claiming that they were banhammered "fur nuthin", even when faced with evidences.

I think the most hilarious story i have with is when a guy posted about his account being suspended on the steamgift forums innocently (spoiler alert, he wasnt innocent). So I decided to have a little chitchat with him and when I mentioned him that his story doesnt add up, he went rogue on me and started threatening us about "how he will give us bad publicity on gaming sites and usual"

Needless to say, nothing of such happened but at least I had a good laugh out of it if anything. Classic "talks the talk but doesnt walk the walk" textbook example.

But yeah, bad apples will always happen sadly, thats just how the internet works. Its very hard to make the right balance to keep the community clean while not falling to the other side of the horse and literally creating a dictatorship either.

With that said, i think the support forums would need some serious rewamp, starting with making it so that users can only see threads they created themselves and limiting replies in said thread between the thread creator and staff members, to keep things easier and less confusing.

MoE2KTerroristaStatiG