What do you think of AMD?

I'd like to know: which gpu/cpu are you currently using, if you plann to buy Ryzen/Vega and what do you think of AMD.

Comments

• I currently have an i7 4770k and a 7970 DCUII Top, im planning to get the 8GB Vega 10 because I cant run games near 144 hertz anymore :(. I like to think AMD as an underdog of CPU's and GPUS, but once they release a product it brings soooo much competition to the market, which is what we need atm.
  • rx480 and rx470 best graphics card in the market for the price
  • Hi, My name is troller, I usually use AMD Cpus for cooking chicken. And also AMD Gpus for Heating in winter.
    DEDSEC1303
  • Hi, My name is troller, I usually use AMD Cpus for cooking chicken. And also AMD Gpus for Heating in winter.

Have you mentioned that 90W AMD cpu beated 120W Intel one?
  • rx480 and rx470 best graphics card in the market for the price

I think this will be sooner or later changed by Vega.
  • why intel is more expensive than AMD? because its just a brand name. AMD cpus or gpus are the same or even better than other brands.
  • i think CPU AMD good for cooking :V
  • edited January 12
    The reason intel is more expensive is that they've always been more expensive... However AMD CPUs have not been competitive at all for the past few generations, the single thread performance is too weak in comparison to their Intel counterparts and the multi threaded performance hasn't been enough to allow them to catch up to Intel CPUs in gaming, so intel knows they can get away with charging a huge premium. Ryzen aims to make them a little more equal, and I think it's going to be a huge success and finally introduce some competition into the CPU market.

On GPUs, AMD and Nvidia are usually pretty much neck and neck, and this generation is no exception on the low end and mid range, except at the high end AMD is not yet competing.... hopefully Vega comes in really strong and smacks Nvidia in the back of the head for their overpricing of their higher end GPUs.... hope Nvidia squirms nice and hard for their sins!

I have an RX 480 and love it, and hopefully my next build will be all AMD, but I don't plan on upgrading for a few years atleast, so hopefully AMD will have something competitive on the market then for both CPU and GPU.

As a company, their business practices and ethics are something I can get behind, they are a huge push behind the open source software initiative, and they seem to actually care about the health of the markets they're competing in..... and it doesn't hurt that they're often a huge influence on bringing prices down to sane levels.
    Carlmundo
  • For CPU products of the same price :
    AMD => Performance
    INTEL => Durability
    (If your cooling fails, fan broken etc, you can say rip to your amd.)

For GPU, people generally say :
    AMD => Better Gaming
    NVIDIA => Better Overall
    But it is really hard to decide.
  • I working in this sphere and... hm... i dont think what ryzen can be real unique product. interested what about performance on single core and in work on 2-4 core, speed contact with graphic card and other. and what with overclocking, how good that be on multiplier, core. and 95tdp on 14nnm with 8 core... thats sound like fantastic in overclock, couse it's impossible.
    interested, not more. and if china test real it's not UNREAL GOOD NEW SUPER PC... couse top ryzen little bested then i7 7700k, but have much more price.
    and on presentation in 4k with titan ryzen have more fps(thats say, we dont see), how it possible? couse fps if we have good CPU cant be other with one GPU. it's 100% fake.
    about vega... nope, thx, i dont think what it be better than nvidia in video montage, game development, needed more test of it.

interested to try and tested vega and ryzen middle-end CPU. without thats i not going to buy AMD, company havenot good reputation. if i can try it, have to test, so i can say good or bad for working sphere(my wife 3d-designer and painter, now working in game sphere) and in video montage(we planed do new blog from china when going)
  • I'm looking forward new AMD products and if they will be good (and I believe they will be), I will buy both CPU a nd GPU.
  • xSPYROx said:

why intel is more expensive than AMD? because its just a brand name. AMD cpus or gpus are the same or even better than other brands.

intel and nvidia had to pay to amd for every single cpu/gpu they sell, because amd own the patent uses on nvidia and intel, amd still get the money from them even without selling / producing cpu/gpu.
    that's why nvidia and intel are more expensive, because we're also buying amd.
  • edited January 12
    zorndyke said:

xSPYROx said:

why intel is more expensive than AMD? because its just a brand name. AMD cpus or gpus are the same or even better than other brands.

intel and nvidia had to pay to amd for every single cpu/gpu they sell, because amd own the patent uses on nvidia and intel, amd still get the money from them even without selling / producing cpu/gpu.
    that's why nvidia and intel are more expensive, because we're also buying amd.
    Ummm no.... the amount of misinformation in what you've just said is absolutely staggering! Intel did license x86-64 architecture from AMD, but AMD was already licensing x86 architecture from Intel, not to mention technologies such as SSE and others that AMD has licensed from Intel.

AFAIK AMD licensed nothing to Nvidia, in-fact it offered to let Nvidia use many of its technologies for FREE because they are open source, TressFX, Mantle, HSA, FreeSync, GPUOpen, just to name a few, Nvidia blatantly turned it down because they want to continue implementing their own proprietary closed source technologies and continue to divide the industry by peddling technology to game developers that is exclusive to Nvidia hardware........ this is one of my issues with their business practices and why I won't buy another Nvidia product until they change their attitude. It's clear to me that AMD cares far more for the health of the market and its consumers than Nvidia.... who's practices I find extremely toxic.
    zorndyke
  • edited January 13
    i currently have a AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD radeon R5 Graphics.

i would say its pretty good. could play almost any games.

but i wish i have windows 7 instead of 8.1

could not install some stuff i wanted for school projects that i need to pratice for it. pretty sad.
  • is (ᵔᴥᵔ) ?

basically i owned lots of amd products including laptops
    that was my worst decision ,

overheats all the time , radeon gpus keep glitchy af , constantly had to reinstall drivers cause it were fucking up all the time .

now i use oldschool setup

4x2gb 800mhz Hyper X
    Intel Q6600 overclocked to 3.5ghz (CoolerMaster HyperTX3 EVO tower)
    Nvidia GTX 750ti
    xilence 700 PSU

best setup of my life so far
  • amd new graphics cards have no problem with heat
  • Honestly I tend to vouch in favor of Intel myself, with that said AMD graphics card are likely not that bad
  • I use both. Intel in my laptop and AMD in my desktop.