About Simplo.gg website (remove this if it's against the rules)

I think it's a scam site . i have unauthorised logins/ trying to login after i attempted to use that website just 5 minutes after i trying to login , and everytime i try to login it says Error. i got 2 notifications from steam guard for steam code(login code) be careful guys

Comments

• I'll second that Simplo's thrown a few errors when I've used it, but it's new as you pointed out, and a quick refresh or two always seems to sort things out.

As far as unauthorized logins go: you're not inherently providing any private information to anyone besides Steam when you use sites like that. You click to log in, the site redirects you to Steam, and Steam itself confirms who you are then says to the site, "this visitor has a Steam account, and their public details are x, y, z." Public details in this case are things like your username, Steam64ID, and avatar. So long as your address bar says you're on a Steam website when you enter your password, then nobody's getting your password but Steam.
  • Just maybe, could you be affected by the Steam glitch and not by Simplo, they had some GA before without problems on this side.
  • It's not i use the website all the time with no prob
  • You might want to check the CS:GO crap sites you are using first.
  • I don't think logging in to some site with the official steam login button can harm your account :)

It's just an authenticator. (The login will give the site your accounts id and stuff, not your credentials.)
  • edited February 8
    If your Steam profile name and login names are the same, then the most information a website you login to through Steams official login page could possibly gain would be your login name and what games you own....... they could of course try to brute force the password, but with Steam locking you out after a few failed attempts, it would take forever to successfully brute force someones Steam account.... and then if you have Steam guard, their attempts are still foiled, and you are notified of their attempts.... At that point if you have a weak password, now might be a good time to upgrade that.... if not... change it anyway just to be safe.
    Most successful hacks of Steam accounts have occurred because of actual attacks on their account servers, or because of data collection software that you accidentally installed while downloading pirated games or other such pirated software.
    Of course, make sure you don't get phished.... when asked to login to a website through your Steam account... make sure it is actually redirecting you to the real Steam login page by taking a look at your location bar..... pretty common sense on the internet these days.
  • Jdogbites said:

You might want to check the CS:GO crap sites you are using first.

bruh chill jeez he uses his CS:GO "crap" website but it does work with him so he uses it simple as that
  • Jdogbites said:

You might want to check the CS:GO crap sites you are using first.

bro i am just on the website for fun and after i login to simplo.gg then i started getting unauthorized access from my steam guard
  • edited February 9
    Did you open somebody's Steam Profile days ago which asked you to login to Steam?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/5srlwd/the_steam_community_exploit_explained_indepth_by/
  • Did you open somebody's Steam Profile days ago which asked you to login to Steam?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/5srlwd/the_steam_community_exploit_explained_indepth_by/

i do not remember if i had or did
  • Did you open somebody's Steam Profile days ago which asked you to login to Steam?

*facepalm* Ya got phished bruh! Lern 2 internet.

• Hey guys,

Let me clear up a couple of things. First off, the following claims have nothing to do with our site.

I think it's a scam site . i have unauthorised logins/ trying to login after i attempted to use that website just 5 minutes after i trying to login , and everytime i try to login it says Error. i got 2 notifications from steam guard for steam code(login code) be careful guys

How in the world would we have your password for starters, and secondly, out of thousands of users why would try to access your account even if we did try to.

Rather what this seems like, is that you've been phished during the profile exploit thing as some other users suggested. And all you're doing is connecting to things that don't have to do anything with each other together. There's no way possible for us to even do any of the stuff you mentioned. It's an authentication screen, and we get some minimal info about you back from Steam.

Just clearing the air here, this has nothing at all do with Simplo.

-THEBOSSMAN
    Owner & Founder of the Lit Network
  • its become a scam website like dopekeys! now they ask my twiiter /youtube to post stuff in my name WTF.
    need to ban all the website that ask linking personal accounts /google/twitter/instagram.
  • "This section is for administrators only, please check out a giveaway on the right if you want to access the site."

I looked at right but there is no giveaway section.
  • KotK said:

its become a scam website like dopekeys! now they ask my twiiter /youtube to post stuff in my name WTF.
    need to ban all the website that ask linking personal accounts /google/twitter/instagram.

Yeah, then we can ban gleam too, and then there will no GAs anymore. Hurray.
  • edited February 10
    TClawWolf said:

Did you open somebody's Steam Profile days ago which asked you to login to Steam?

*facepalm* Ya got phished bruh! Lern 2 internet.

i know phishing but all the website i go to are all official steam login :open_mouth:

EDIT: redirects me to official steam login and i just press the login button :no_mouth:
  • How to code 101. Even your ISP, search engines, email provider, sites you visit, get more info about you than this. If you don't like it or are "suspicious" just don't use it. Same for your CS:GO scamming/referal sites.
  • i think simplo.gg is fine i dont have any problems with it :D