Changes to Trading Cards

Comments

• I hope now the devs do better job with their games, but maybe now we will see less giveaways
  • Zero said:

I hope now the devs do better job with their games, but maybe now we will see less giveaways

i think both is going to happen
  • edited May 17
    TLDR:
    the change only affects new games.
    if a game already has trading cards nothing is changing.

if you buy (or activate) a new game on steam and put time into it, you will get cards automatically added to your inventory for the time you played if the game reaches the confidence metric. (im pretty sure the "Confidence Metric" is just a simple calculation of the number of units sold vs. the number activated)

everything else is hot air, and pointless.

As usual the kids mulling prices on the community market will have a knee jerk reaction to this announcement, so i am predicting most trading cards will go up in value for the short term.
  • What if you buy key from online and activated it, would you still be able to earn cards as normal?
  • mich11256 said:

What if you buy key from online and activated it, would you still be able to earn cards as normal?

you'll be able to get cards from any key of any source (either it's giveaway, bundle, or retail store) but only if game is recognized as non fake by Valve.
  • Thanks for the info!
  • so nothing changes rly, just they add cards later if dev want them.